I spent a long time trying to find my center until I looked closely one night and found it had wheels and moved in the slightest breeze, so now I spend less time sitting and more time sailing.

From "Center on Wheels"
Brian Andreas







Friday, February 12, 2010

Blink and It's Gone

I can't believe how fast time goes by. I don't remember it going this fast before I had children but I remember being warned that this would happen. Sometimes the days feel long but most of the time I find myself looking back at large chunks of time and wondering; where did all that time go? I went out the other night with a friend and we had a wonderful time, although I have to say, I was ancient compared to the crowd. Really, I felt prehistoric. It's not entirely that I notice that I am getting older, it's that the fact is inescapable when your old favourite places are full of people in their early twenties. That is until Ethel and Berta stormed the place. As we rocked out to Nirvana, full to the brim with nostalgia and cheap beer, our party counterparts DANCED a la Justin Timberlake while sipping their Vodka redbulls. Man, what a scene and how times have changed. Where did all that time go? The other day we went for a walk outside with a great woman I know-the sun was shining and there was a perfect breeze and we walked around the neighborhood for hours. Vi and Iz always make me smile, especially on those days where everything feels like it fits into place. On those days, I want to make time stop. On those days, I am happy that I am at this place in my life and on those days I am thankful. And Nirvana will always have a special place in my heart.


Love this picture. Violet says that she is Tinkerbell. Obviously.
Iz, always chillin.

I had to get a picture of Vi beside my dream vehicle. The bumper says "flash backs happen."


The girls' ride.


Like Father, like daughter.



1 comment: